You can apply online for Kisan Credit Card by following the simple steps given below.
- You will have to visit your online banking portal and look for the Agri and Rural section.
- Then you’ll get an option for Kisan Credit Card and click on Apply Button
- You will be redirected to the online application page.
- You have to put your information correctly fill the required details.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the application you will receive a system-generated application reference number.
- You have to note down the reference number for further inquiries.
- Some of the banks provide you form LOAN APPLICATION FORM FOR AGRICULTURAL CREDIT FOR PM-KISAN BENEFICIARIES You’ve to fill the form like the type of KCC amount to be required and your details.
- You’ve submitted this form to your bank
If you are eligible for this service you will about to receive a call from your bank and they will inform you about your Kisan credit card application details. The bank will inform you to provide your list of documents to them. They will book an appointment for your submission of the required documents. Once you submitted all of the required documents the Kisan credit card will be sent to your registered address through courier service or you can content to your home bank branch.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme is offered in only a few banks. Some public sector banks that offer Kisan Credit Card Scheme
- SBI – State Bank of India
- Cooperative banks
- NABARD – National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Axis Bank
- Bank of India
- ICICI Kisan Credit Card
- HDFC Bank
- NPCI – National Payments Corporation of India
- IDBI – Industrial Development Bank of India
If you’ve any query you can contact PM-Kisan Helpline No.155261 / 1800115526 (Toll Free)
Applicants applying for Kisan Credit Card should have the following documents.
As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, the documents required to process the Kisan Credit Card application should be as per the internal guidelines of the issuing bank. Therefore, each bank has a different set of required documents.
- filled application form
- Passport size photograph
- Identity Proof (anyone): Aadhaar card, PAN card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID
- Address Proof (anyone): Aadhaar card, PAN card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID
- Land documents
Eligibility Criteria For Kisan Credit Card Scheme
The persons mentioned below are eligible for the Kisan Credit Card Scheme.
- All farmers including individual or joint borrowers who are owner cultivators.
- Oral lasers, sharecroppers and tenant farmers
- Self Help Group and Joint Liability Group borrowers including Sharecroppers, Tenant Farmers, etc.
- Land Documents
- Other documents requested by the issuing bank such as Security PDC.
Under fisheries and animal husbandry, the eligible beneficiaries of this scheme are,
Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture: Fishers, Fish Farmers, JLGs, SHGs as well as Women’s Groups. Beneficiaries should possess or lease any fishery-related activities like owning a pond, tank, open water body, or hatchery.
Poultry: Individual or joint borrower, JLG, or SHG comprising farmers with goat, pig, sheep, rabbit, bird, poultry owner/rent owner.
Dairy: Individual or joint lenders, JLGs, or SHGs including tenant farmers who have leases, and rent sheds.
Marine Fisheries: The beneficiary must have a registered fishing vessel or boat with proper permission or license for fishing in the sea or estuary.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme – Interest and Other Charges on Kisan Credit Cards
According to the RBI, along with the determination of the interest rates of the Kisan Credit Card, the credit limit can also be set by the bank concerned. The average interest rate applicable from 9-14% to P.A.
In addition, there are some subsidies and schemes that the government provides to farmers in relation to the interest rate. This will depend on the cardholder’s repayment history and general credit history.
Other fees and charges like processing fee, insurance premium (if applicable), land mortgage deed charges, etc. will be determined at the discretion of the issuing bank.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme – Insurance Coverage:
Under the Kisan Credit Card Scheme, farmers who meet the eligibility criteria are provided with insurance coverage options by the bank and insurance provider. The scheme provides personal accident insurance coverage through which farmers get Rs. 50,000 in case of death and Rs. 25,000 for disability. Banks and insurance providers will decide the premium amount.
How do I check my KCC account balance?
To check the balance in your kisan credit card account, you will have to contact the customer care service of the public sector bank or you can visit your nearest home branch for more details .
Benefits of Kisan Credit Card Scheme for Farmers:
- The interest rate for the loan is less than 2%
- Cardholders can take up to 3 lakh of the loan amount
- Farmers will get a high-interest rate for their savings in Kisan Credit Card account
- Farmers will be provided with a crop insurance scheme
- In addition to the Kisan Credit Card, a smart card cum debit card will be issued to all the farmers eligible for Kisan Credit Card.
- Single loan facility/term loan for all agricultural and ancillary needs.
- Insurance coverage of Rs. In the case of total permanent disability and death, Rs 50,000 more will be provided. 25,000 for other risks.